Monday 18 August 2014

Istanbul

In May I was very lucky to visit the city of Istanbul on a school project. I didn't really know what to expect and so was pleasantly surprised to discover an amazing city, full of colour, beauty, spirit and people who were kind and warm-hearted.

 
For anyone who loved textiles, pattern, colour and embellishment - Turkey is like an Aladdin's Cave. As this was a work visit I didn't have a great deal of spending money and was gutted I couldn't have purchased more.
 
 
 

 
If you are ever stuck for somewhere to visit or fancy a break from the usual beach holiday, I cannot express enough how beautiful and amazing Istanbul is. I came home wanting to return to this wonderful, spiritual city immediately.
 
 
Thanks for reading.
Rachel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment