Monday 9 April 2012

Craft Workshop

I don't know about you but even though I am crafty myself, I really enjoy going to a workshop to learn things and to meet new people. Sometime crafting on your own can be a little lonely and it's always great to get together with like-minded people who can teach you something new and give you information about crafty places and stockists. However, living in the North East of England, finding good workshops can be difficult, but I have been lucky enough to find a couple of really good ones recently!

My favourite was a rosette workshop by Little A Designs. I found Marna's (the artist and owner of the company) page on Facebook and was chuffed when I discovered she was fairly local to where I lived. I booked onto the rosette course and my Mum decided to join me.
We were nervous about going to he house of someone we only knew through Facebook, but Marna was brilliant at welcoming us into her pretty home and we felt comfortable more or less straight away. I cannot praise Marna enough, she was kind and generous with all of her materials and hadn't just chosen a small selection that we could chose from, but let us loose in her workroom so we could pick anything we wanted! She even provided us with drinks and snacks.
Although Mum and I could already sew, it was brilliant to have Marna's advice on material selection and how to put them together to create something quite unique.
Here is what we made.

Here is where you can find Marna.
www.littleadesigns.com
 http://www.facebook.com/#!/littleadesigns
She makes gorgeous things (I want to buy them all). If you ever get chance to go on one of her workshops, go for it!

Anyone else got some good experiences of workshops?

Thanks for reading.
Love Rachel x

5 comments:

  1. Your brooches are wonderful thanks for sharing I'll pop over and have a look at the classes, lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi rachel thanks for popping over to my blog and entering my pay it forward, my fingers are crossed for you. I'd had a lovely time reading your recent posts here on your blog I especially like the tea one as I am a huge tea drinker too!!!! Hope you are enjoying your Easter break take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower and found you via face book xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very lucky to be one of the three chosen for Pay it forward at mad about bags. I was wondering if you would like to join in for mine as I need to forward a gift to three people as part of the 'deal'? Just leave a message on my blog if you are interested!
    Jille xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, my email is jillunderscoreianatyahoo.com (with the underscore and at put in!) I just really can't deal with anymore spam!
    Jille xx

    ReplyDelete